Arabian Oryx Sanctuary (Oman)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.8 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Commends the State Party of Oman for responding to its request and for submitting the management plan for the World Heritage property, as well as for its efforts to conserve the property and the recent progress reported;
4. Notes the slow progress in establishing an effective management regime for the property and that the positive intent of the management plan is not being fulfilled due to lack of funding;
5. Requests the State Party to clarify the progress under the management plan and current levels of financial support, as well as on current poaching activities, threats and underlying causes and actions on steps being taken to address these issues in light of recent reports of continued poaching and illegal trade in endangered species;
6. Further requests the State Party to provide a detailed report on the issues raised in relation to the Management Plan and its implementation by 1 February 2006 for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).