Ngorongoro Conservation Area (United Republic of Tanzania)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15A.6, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Commends the State Party of United Republic of Tanzania for positive actions undertaken for the conservation and protection of the property; particularly in redressing tourism pressure, diversifying tourist activities, improving the livelihoods of the local pastoralists and moving to restructure the organization of the NCAA, introducing a new scheme of service and improving the management of the area;
4. Requests the State Party to finalize plans in addressing the issue of the resident pastoralist population and curtailing the immigrant agricultural population, and reviewing the general management plan, the Ngorongoro ordinance and the corporate plan;
5. Further requests the State Party to provide information on progress made in controlling heavy tourist pressure within the crater, including the results of the Vehicle Congestion Assessment;
6. Reiterates its earlier request at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002) that the State Party report on efforts to control the invasive weed "Mexican poppy" - Argemone mexicana (Argemona mexicana) within the crater;7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006, a report on the state of conservation of the property, including the issues indicated above, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).