Bahla Fort (Oman) (C 433)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.62, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008),
3. Regrets that the State Party did not yet finalise and adopt the management plan taking into account the recommendations of the World Heritage Centre and Advisory Bodies and did not establish the necessary legal and administrative frameworks for its implementation;
4. Notes that the State Party has provided a revised detailed project proposal for the restoration of the Souq and the concerns expressed by ICOMOS on the overall approach of the project, and requests the State Party not to commence the work until a further revised proposal has been agreed;
5. Also requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM reactive monitoring mission to the property to assess the overall state of conservation of the property, in particular the activities in the Qasaba area and the Souq, and their effects on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, the adopted management plan in three printed and electronic copies and a detailed progress report on its implementation, the legal framework and administrative structure, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.