East Rennell (Solomon Islands) (N 854)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.21, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Regrets that the State Party did not submit a report on the state of conservation of the property, as requested by the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session;
4. Notes the establishment of a single management association for the property, but expresses its concern that there is no confirmation about the finalisation of the World Heritage Protection Bill, nor up to date information on the other issues facing the property;
5. Reiterates its recommendation that the State Party seeks international assistance from the World Heritage Fund for the establishment of a more effective protection and management system for the property;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by the 1 February 2010, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property together with information on the status of the World Heritage Protection Bill and previous requests of the World Heritage Committee, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.