33 COM 7B.4
Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary (Senegal) (N 25)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.7, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes the on-going efforts of the State Party to restore the functioning of the wetlands to support birdlife, to improve the overall management of the property and to involve local communities in the management of the property;
4. Also notes the importance of specific monitoring on the state of conservation of the Outstanding Universal Value of the property; and requests the State Party to take this into account in its monitoring programme of birds and other wildlife, including the trends in key species, as well as the status of key threats;
5. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2011, a report on the status of the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, in particular on the trends in resident and migratory bird populations, the hydrology of the property, as well as on progress in the implementation of the Action Plan, including the on-going ecological restoration and monitoring activities for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 35th session in 2011.