Megalithic Temples of Malta (Malta) (C 132 bis)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7B.80 and 31 COM 7B.115, adopted at its 29th (Durban, 2005) and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Noting that the State Party has completed the draft management plan,
4. Urges the State Party to work towards its timely finalization, approval and implementation;
5. Acknowledges the progress made by the State Party in the design of the visitor centre for the Haġar Qim and Mnajdra Archaeological Park and the protective shelters, taking into account advice by the 2006 expert mission for these components of the property and requests the State Party to take into consideration the need to minimize the impact of the construction mentioned above on the Outstanding Universal Value and visual integrity of the property;
6. Also requests the State Party to provide three printed and electronic copies of the final management plan for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, a report on its implementation, as well as a report on work at the Haġar Qim and Mnajdra Archaeological Park and on the proposed works at the Tarxien and Ġgantija Temples.