Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn (Austria) (C 786)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.81, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Expresses its deep concern that the project plans for the new Kometgründe-Meidling structure suggest that its height exceeds the 60 metres which the State Party had agreed to maintain in June 2006;
4. Requests the State Party to halt the project immediately and to submit as soon as possible to the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS visual studies in order to review the potential impacts of the proposed structure (73 - 78 m) on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
5. Also requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2009, on its efforts to respond to the issues above, including the results of the visual impact assessment, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.