Decision : 28 COM 15A.6
Air and Ténéré Natural Reserves (Niger)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Reiterates its concern that no report was provided by the State Party on the theft of the vehicles provided with financial assistance from the World Heritage Fund and on progress made in the implementation of the rehabilitation plan;
2. Urges the State Party to provide this report as soon as possible but no later than 1 December 2004;
3. Decides that, in the event that the State Party fails to make available such a report to the Committee, it will consider taking the necessary measures;
4. Also urges the World Heritage Centre and IUCN to undertake as soon as possible the planned monitoring mission to the property to carry out a systematic assessment as requested at the 27th session and submit its findings for consideration by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
5. Decides to retain Air and Ténéré Natural Reserves on the List of World Heritage in Danger.