Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve (Côte d'Ivoire/Guinea)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recommends to the States Parties of Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea and Liberia that they follow up on the decisions and recommendations of the tri-national meeting held in N’Zérékoré (12-15 February 2002) to increase transboundary
co-operation and inform the World Heritage Centre on progress achieved;
2. Requests the State Party of Guinea to provide more detailed information on the expected restarting of the exploration studies in the mining enclave for which the concession rights were acquired by the Euronimba consortium, including relevant information on the potential impacts to the integrity of the property;
3. Requests the State Party of Côte d’Ivoire and Guinea to submit by 1 February 2005 a report on the impact of hostilities on the conservation status of the property for examination by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
4. Invites the State Party of Liberia to assess the feasibility of having the States Parties of Côte d'Ivoire and Guinea extend the property boundary to their border with Liberia as part of its work to prepare a tentative list of properties for nomination on the World Heritage List;
5. Decides to retain the Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve on the List of World Heritage in Danger.