Ksar Aït Ben Haddou (Morocco)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.45 adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes with satisfaction the continuing commitment of the State Party to the implementation of the decisions of the Committee;
4. Also notes that progress has been made in completing the Management Plan, and that this is likely to be adopted in the near future;
5. Expresses its concern that, although progress has been made in establishing consultative committees, a satisfactory overall resourced management structure on the property is not yet functioning and there are no sustainable funding arrangements for conservation and management of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with the adopted Management Plan as well as an updated report on the state of conservation of the property, and on the progress achieved in implementing the identified measures by 1 February 2009 for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.