30 COM 7B.43
State of Conservation (Island of Gorée)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/03.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.37 adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005)
3. Notes with concern the potential negative impact of coastal and marine erosion on the Island of Gorée;
4. Expresses its full support to the proposed project for the coastal rehabilitation of the Island of Gorée, with possible funding from the Qatar Foundation, and strongly encourages the State Party and the World Heritage Centre to take all the necessary actions towards its finalization and actual implementation;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property for examination by the Committee at the 31st session in 2007.