Decision : 30 COM 7B.39
State of Conservation (Aksum)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.34, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Requests the World Heritage Centre to continue its support of the Ethiopian Government to abide by the requirements of the World Heritage Convention in Aksum;
4. Reiterates its request to the State Party, in cooperation with the World Heritage Centre, to submit an up-dated map and the management plan of the property indicating clearly the boundaries of the World Heritage core and buffer zones;
5. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM mission to Aksum with a view to assessing its state of conservation and submit a report for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.