State of Conservation (Mount Athos)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 28 COM 15B.37 and 29 COM 7B.32, adopted at its 28th (Suzhou, 2004) and 29th (Durban, 2005) sessions respectively,
3. Notes the exceptional quality of the efforts between national authorities responsible for heritage conservation and the leadership of the monastic community to collaborate fruitfully and effectively to ensure the long term conservation of the property;
4. Urges the World Heritage Centre, the State Party and competent authorities to fully implement all recommendations of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/IUCN mission;
5. Further urges the State Party and competent authorities to develop and implement an overall management plan for the property, covering both the natural and cultural values;
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a report by 1 February 2008 on the progress made in implementing the recommendations of the joint 2006 World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/IUCN mission for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.