State of Conservation (Mosi-oa-Tunya / Victoria Falls)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Notes with concern that the recommendations of the 2002 bi-lateral workshop have not been implemented;
3. Regrets that the integrity of the World Heritage property remains threatened by uncontrolled urban development, pollution and unplanned tourism development;
4. Urges both States Parties to urgently follow-up on the recommendations of the 2002 bi-lateral workshop and in particular the preparation and implementation of an effective joint management framework to address the ongoing threats; and requests the States Parties to set a firm schedule for their follow-up;
5. Also requests both States Parties to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/IUCN mission to assess the state of conservation and the factors affecting the Outstanding Universal Value of the property and progress made in implementing the recommendations of the 2002 bi-lateral workshop;
6. Further requests both States Parties to provide the World Heritage Centre before 1 February 2007 with reports on the state of conservation of the property and progress made in implementing an effective joint management framework and other recommendations of the 2002 bi-lateral workshop for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.