Recommendations for transnational heritage corridors of Silk Roads site nomination
Members of the Coordinating Committee on the Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Roads release recommendations for two priority transnational heritage corridors of Silk Roads Serial and Transnational Nomination
Following their meeting in Tashkent, a group of 30 experts from 5 Central Asian countries and China as well as international experts from UK, Japan and Belgium, today released a list of recommendations and a detailed work plan in consideration of the submission deadline of 1 February 2013 of two priority transnational heritage corridors: first one is China - Kazakhstan – Kyrgyzstan possibly together with Uzbekistan transnational Tian-shan heritage corridor and the second one is Tajikistan - Uzbekistan- Turkmenistan Amu Darya transnational heritage corridor.
During this expert meeting of the Coordinating Committee on the Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Roads on 22–23 March 2012, held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the participants discussed an overall Silk Roads serial nomination(s) framework, examined the final version of ICOMOS Silk Roads Thematic study and worked on the priority of the transnational heritage corridors for the first phase of the Silk Roads nomination process. As the outcomes of the Meeting, besides the above-mentioned detailed work plan, participants agreed on the organization and conduction of two follow up meetings : firstly a consultation meeting of the working group of the Transnational Silk Roads Nomination to be organized in June 2012 in International Institute for Central Asian Studies (IICAS, Samarkand, Uzbekistan) for the preparation of the priority transnational heritage corridor covering Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. And the second meeting - the 3rd Silk Roads Coordination Committee Meeting of the Silk Roads World Heritage Serial and Transnational Nomination will be held in Kyrgyzstan in early September 2012. The above-mentioned 3rd Coordination Committee Meeting will be very important, as during this meeting the finalized drafts nomination dossier(s) of the first phase of the transnational Silk Roads Nomination will be presented for the preliminary review and possible submission before the February 2013 to the World Heritage Centre for examination by the World Heritage Committee as the Heritage of humankind.
- Conference on Silk Road Grotto Sites Jun 28, 2004 - Jul 3, 2004
- UNESCO Stakeholders Consultation Workshop on the Silk Road World Heritage nomination Aug 1, 2006 - Aug 8, 2006
- Central Asian and China Sub-regional Workshop on Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Road Apr 16, 2007 - Apr 21, 2007
- International Symposium on Application for World Heritage Listing of the Silk Road Oct 30, 2007 - Oct 31, 2007
- UNESCO Sub-regional Workshop on the Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Roads Jun 2, 2008 - Jun 5, 2008
- Final Steering Committee for Preservation of Ajina Tepa Monastery and Silk Roads World Heritage Serial Nomination Dec 12, 2008
- UNESCO Sub-regional Workshop on the Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Roads May 18, 2009 - May 24, 2009
- Second meeting of the Coordinating Committee on the Serial World Heritage Nomination of the Silk Roads May 3, 2011 - May 6, 2011
- Sub-regional Workshop on Documentation Standards and Reactive Expert Members Meeting of the Coordination Committee, Silk Roads World Heritage Nomination Sep 20, 2011 - Sep 24, 2011
- Expert Meeting on the Silk Roads World Heritage Serial and Transnational Nomination Mar 22, 2012 - Mar 23, 2012
- Silk Roads Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Workshop Oct 7, 2013 - Oct 8, 2013
Friday, April 20, 2012