Within the Framework of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting of Latin America and the Caribbean, the World Heritage Centre/Latin America and Caribbean Unit, in cooperation with the Government of the Dominican Republic and the UNESCO Office in Havana, is organizing a sub-regional meeting for the Caribbean in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from the 15-17 February 2012.
The main objectives of this meeting will be to develop relevant plans for participants in the following areas:
- Completion of the Periodic Reporting Questionnaire (Sections I and II);
- Clarifications regarding the procedures for the Retrospective Inventory;
- Training strategies in LAC;
- Review progress made in the implementation of the Caribbean Action Plan;
- Updating and definition of the work schedule for the Sub-region;
- Follow-up discussion on thematic groups (Slave Route, Sub-regional cooperation for World Heritage Natural protected Areas, Cultural Landscapes, and Risk preparedness).