Sub-Regional Meeting for the Caribbean Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin America and the Caribbean (Dominican Republic)
Within the Framework of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting of Latin America and the Caribbean, the World Heritage Centre/Latin America and Caribbean Unit, in cooperation with the Government of the Dominican Republic and the UNESCO Office in Havana, is organizing a sub-regional meeting for the Caribbean in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from the 15-17 February 2012.
The main objectives of this meeting will be to develop relevant plans for participants in the following areas:
- Completion of the Periodic Reporting Questionnaire (Sections I and II);
- Clarifications regarding the procedures for the Retrospective Inventory;
- Training strategies in LAC;
- Review progress made in the implementation of the Caribbean Action Plan;
- Updating and definition of the work schedule for the Sub-region;
- Follow-up discussion on thematic groups (Slave Route, Sub-regional cooperation for World Heritage Natural protected Areas, Cultural Landscapes, and Risk preparedness).