2nd UNESCO Sub-Regional Workshop on Serial Nomination for Rock Art Sites in Central Asia
The 2nd UNESCO Sub-regional workshop on the Central Asian Rock World Heritage Nomination is organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre in close collaboration with UNESCO Tashkent Office, Almaty Office, Tehran Office, for the 6-10 September 2010 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan in cooperation with IICAS,(International Institute for Central Asian Studies) with financial support from the Norway Funds-In-Trust.
The meeting will bring together representatives and experts from five Central Asian countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan), Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, ICOMOS, and UNESCO representatives as well as international experts to discuss Central Asian Rock Art/ Steppe Civilisation World Heritage Nomination.
The objectives of the workshop are
- To identify the potential and propriety sites for the Central Asian Rock Art and/or Steppe Civilization World Heritage Serial nomination
- To discuss a possible procedure for the Central Asian Rock Art and/or Steppe Civilisation World Heritage Serial Nomination;
- To define the common standards for documentation (cartography, inventorying, tentative list preparation, including associations with intangible elements);
- To develop the basic principles for coordinating the nomination(s), as well as for the coordinated management of the inscribed property (ies);
- To secure the commitment of the participating States Parties for the Central Asian Rock Art and/or steppe Civilisation World Heritage Serial Nomination.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Roland LIN Chih-Hung (UNESCO)