8th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site
The 8th Bamiyan Working Group meeting is organized by UNESCO (World Heritage Centre in close collaboration with UNESCO Kabul Office) for the 25th and 26th of March 2010 in Munich at the Munich Technical University in cooperation with ICOMOS Germany. The aim of the meeting is to advise UNESCO and the Afghanistan authorities on issues related to the conservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage property, by reviewing and assessing ongoing activities in Bamiyan as well as, identifying needs and the opportunities for future initiatives. In this respect, the meeting will also provide an opportunity for the coordination of international efforts.
Considering the fact that generous contribution from the Government of Japan continues from 2008 for three years within the framework of phase III project, further emergency conservation activities must be coordinated and implemented in order to allow the completion of the important safeguarding intervention at this World Heritage site in Danger to ensure the site sustainability.
For this objective, it is of the utmost importance to organize an internal meeting between UNESCO and key international experts together with the Afghan authorities for monitoring and evaluation of the project and in order to set future priority actions for 2010. Upon reaching a consensus on the technical intervention methods for sustainable management of the cultural heritage site of Bamiyan between UNESCO and these key international experts, UNESCO will draft the recommendations to submit and discuss with the Government of Afghanistan for its final approval.
World Heritage Properties
- 11th Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding the Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Friday, April 12, 2013
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding Bamiyan Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- Ten years on – remembering the tragic destruction of the giant Buddha statues of Bamiyan (Afghanistan) Thursday, March 3, 2011
- Fourth Expert Working Group on the Preservation of the Bamiyan Site issued recommendations for Safeguarding Bamiyan Tuesday, December 20, 2005
- Fourth Expert Working Group on the preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site Wednesday, December 7, 2005
- Fourth Expert Working Group on the preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site Dec 7, 2005 - Dec 9, 2005
- 5th Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Valley Dec 14, 2006 - Dec 16, 2006
- Sixth Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Site Jan 20, 2008 - Jan 22, 2008
- 7th Expert Working Group on the Preservation of the Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley Jun 12, 2008 - Jun 13, 2008
- 9th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Safeguarding of the Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley Mar 3, 2011 - Mar 4, 2011
- 10th expert working group and 2 public symposiums on Bamiyan Valley Dec 6, 2011 - Dec 11, 2011