The call for applications for the 3rd edition of the Master programme on "World Heritage at Work", offered by the University of Turin, the Polytechnic of Turin and the International Training Centre of ILO, in collaboration with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, is now open.
The programme is intended for professionals involved in the management of a World Heritage properties and/or those who are interested in such site activities as well as those who are currently involved in the preservation or promotion of cultural heritage.
Four categories of participants are invited to apply:
- Officials already involved in projects concerning a WHS, or interested in designing and managing special projects for WHS in the future;
- Professionals involved with research activities related to improved of the management system of a WHS;
- Fresh graduates and junior specialists interested and knowledgeable about local cultures and indigenous traditions;
- NGOs staff and other development officials interested to dialogue both with local authorities and with the community in further promotion and marketing of cultural ideas.
The essential Requirements for admission are a university degree (BA) as well as fluency in the English language.
The course offers a number of special features:
- integration of theory and practice;
- an interdisciplinary approach to culture as a resource for development, with emphasis on management of a World Heritagesite or property;
- emphasis on operational issues in project design and project cycle management;
- interactive presentations followed by analysis of case studies and close tutoring support
The programme will be held in Turin, Italy, at the campus of the International Training Centre of the ILO and the World heritage Site of Venaria reale.
Coursework takes place at the Centre's compact and functional campus, where participants from around the world meet, live and learn together, in a stimulating international environment. The campus and facilities (bank, post office, travel agency, laundry, gym, sports and recreation facilities) provide an ideal environment for living and studying, sharing experience and creating networks. A 4 weeks component of the programme is delivered at the WHS of Venaria Reale.
The tuition fees are EURO 6000.
A number of scholarships are available for deserving participants, especially those from developing and transition countries.
Candidates who are interested should duly fill-in an application form (which is available on the web page: www.itcilo.org/masters/worldheritage) and submit it by e-mail or fax no later than 1 May 2010.
For further information about the Master Course, the availability of scholarships and for all other communications, please contact the course secretariat:
International Training Centre of the ILO
Turin School of Development
Viale Maestri del Lavoro, 10, 10127 Turin, Italy
Tel.: +39-011-6936945 Fax: +39-011-6936369