SJ Vietnam World Heritage Workcamp, Halong Bay (Vietnam)
Halong Bay, Vietnam
22 September-4 October 2008
SJ Vietnam in collaboration with the Youth Union in Quang Ninh will organise a workcamp in Halong bay with local youth to raise awareness of the local people and tourist about environmental protection as well as the way how to protect them.
Activities will include cleaning beaches, tidying the natural caves, planting mangroves in cooperation with the locals in order to create a good living condition for aquaibrata and workshops for local and international youth on the theme of World Heritage.
- raise awareness of international and local volunteers and the local people, especially youth and tourist about World Heritage protection trough non-formal education
- strengthen solidarity among volunteers and the involvement of more local people
- promote the importance of the World Heritage and the role of young people in its protection
- establish links with UNESCO Vietnam and the mass media
- demonstrate the concept of volunteerism to the local people
Organisation responsible for the project
Solidarités Jeunesses Vietnam Organization
Halong city Youth Union and local Youth volunteer club
Center Youth Union