Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines receives £13,540 from an auction organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre
The World Heritage site of the Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines will benefit from the total amount of £13,540 collected through an auction organized in February by the Swiss watch company Jaeger-LeCoultre, within the framework of the partnership with UNESCO's World Heritage Centre and the International Herald Tribune.
The purchase of a watch designed to celebrate this partnership, as well as the auction registration fees, enabled financing of a project which aims to fight against illegal fishing in this natural park where the only permitted activities are tourism and research.
Composed of two atolls and one reef, the site will be provided with radar and a solar energy system to assist a team of marine park rangers which patrols the reefs from a station located in a sand bar in the North Atoll of Tubbataha.
The objective of the 'Tides of Time' partnership between Jaeger-LeCoultre, the International Herald Tribune and the World Heritage Centre is to increase protection of the marine World Heritage sites. For this purpose, a media campaign carried out by Jaeger-LeCoultre on the pages of the International Herald Tribune provides information on the specificity of the marine sites, their needs and the threats they are facing. Jaeger-LeCoultre also supports the World Heritage Marine Programme through an annual financial contribution to UNESCO.
World Heritage Properties (1)
States Parties (1)
Other news (9)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Brazilian Atlantic Islands: Fernando de Noronha and Atol das Rocas Reserves Friday, June 14, 2013
- World Heritage Convention turns 40 Friday, November 16, 2012
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Jaeger-LeCoultre affirms commitment to marine conservation at Global Conference on Oceans Thursday, May 6, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Sundarbans National Park Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre launches its second online auction for the preservation of World Heritage sites Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and the International Herald Tribune continue to support the World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, June 26, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation Thursday, February 12, 2009