The partnership supports the World Heritage Sustainable Tourism Programme whose aim is to foster capacity, balanced participation and increased awareness of all stakehoders in order to ensure that tourism delivers benefits for the conservation of the sites, sustainable development of local communities as well as a quality experience for visitors.
For Seabourn's guests, this alliance means that their travels are enhanced by deeper insight and behind-the-scenes information about World Heritage sites and projects. Speakers with special knowledge anout World Heritage sail on Seabourn's ships and the fares for excursions to World Heritage properties include a donation to UNESCO's World Heritage Fund.
Since its founding, Seabourn has facilitated visits to hundreds of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and currently includes over 150 sites in its itineraries. Within this partnership it is now helping to support UNESCO’s efforts to expand, promote and preserve these precious global resources for future generations of travelers.
Seabourn Cruise Line is an operating company of Carnival Corporation & PLC and is the world’s leading small ship cruise line sailing to all seven continents and over 300 ports of call. The company’s core value is to safeguard the well-being of people and the oceans they sail upon.
- Private Sector partners for World Heritage meet in Bonn during 39th Committee session Thursday, 9 July 2015
- UNESCO and Seabourn partnership for World Heritage protection and sustainable tourism Monday, 16 June 2014
- World Heritage Partners Event Kraków 2017 07-Jul-2017-07-Jul-2017
- Panel discussion: World Heritage Partnerships for sustainable development 15-Jul-2016-15-Jul-2016
- World Heritage Partnerships for Conservation panel discussion 02-Jul-2015-02-Jul-2015