Seabourn Cruise Line is an operating company of Carnival Corporation & PLC and is the world’s leading small ship cruise line sailing to all seven continents and over 300 ports of call. The company’s core value is to safeguard the well-being of people and the oceans they sail upon.
The partnership with UNESCO has been created to foster wider support and understanding in the travel industry and among travelers for UNESCO’s mission of identifying, safeguarding and promoting unique cultural and natural features around the world deemed to possess universal value for all humankind.
For Seabourn’s guests, this alliance means that their travels on Seabourn’s intimate, all-suite ships will be enhanced by deeper insight and behind-the-scenes information about current and future World Heritage sites and projects. Speakers with special knowledge about World Heritage will sail on Seabourn’s ships as a part of the line’s Seabourn Conversations enrichment and entertainment program. In addition, fares for Seabourn optional excursions that include UNESCO World Heritage Sites will include a small donation to UNESCO’s World Heritage Fund. The company has also created special World Heritage Discovery Tours at a number of ports worldwide, with exclusive enhanced content on World Heritage.
Seabourn supports UNESCO’s efforts to expand, promote and preserve these precious global resources for future generations.
Since its founding, Seabourn has facilitated visits to hundreds of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and currently includes over 150 sites in its itineraries. Within this partnership it is now helping to support UNESCO’s efforts to expand, promote and preserve these precious global resources for future generations of travelers.
Partnerships / Activities (1)
- Private Sector partners for World Heritage meet in Bonn during 39th Committee session Thursday, 9 July 2015
- UNESCO and Seabourn partnership for World Heritage protection and sustainable tourism Monday, 16 June 2014
- World Heritage Partners Event Kraków 2017 07-Jul-2017-07-Jul-2017
- Panel discussion: World Heritage Partnerships for sustainable development 15-Jul-2016-15-Jul-2016
- World Heritage Partnerships for Conservation panel discussion 02-Jul-2015-02-Jul-2015