International Herald Tribune
From its debut on October 4, 1887 the International New York Times (INYT) has brought the world's most compelling news to a global audience, setting the agenda for the global conversation. The INYT is the leading international newspaper for opinion leaders and decision-makers. It combines the extensive resources of its own correspondents with those of The New York Times, is printed in more than 40 sites throughout the world and sold in more than 180 countries. The INYT is owned by The New York Times Company.
In 2008, Jaeger-LeCoultre and their media partner, the INYT created a media campaign – called "Tides of Time" – designed to protect exceptional natural marine sites by raising awareness about them. Eight times a year, the INYT prints a full-page supplement about the Marine World Heritage sites and the potential of the World Heritage Convention for ocean conservation. Interviews with site managers and their teams bring an international dimension to their day-to-day conservation challenges. A dedicated online element also runs on nytimes.com: the Tides of Time videos, interviews, and multimedia slideshows are presented through an interactive, expandable banner called a Nano-site. Through their communication network, Jaeger-LeCoultre regularly increases the visibility of World Heritage sites that need urgent action and initiates online auctions to raise funds to help those sites. To celebrate their partnership with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, Jaeger-LeCoultre created a unique watch, with the name “Tides of Time” engraved on the back, to be sold at auctions.
The Tides of Time print and on-line media campaign, sponsored by Jaeger-LeCoultre in the International New York Times, offers exceptional visibility to the cause of conserving marine World Heritage. Thanks to this partnership, this message has been able to reach an extremely wide public. In addition, Jaeger-LeCoultre’s financial contributions to the World Heritage Centre have allowed the recruitment of an ocean conservation specialist to manage the World Heritage Marine Programme. Annual auctions, organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre, have provided direct financial benefits to several World Heritage sites, including Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park, Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary, Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, Brazilian Atlantic Islands: Fernando de Noronha and Atol das Rocas Reserves and Cocos Island National Park.
- Managing Marine World Heritage: Our Crown Jewels of the Ocean Thursday, October 17, 2013
- Marine World Heritage: The Crown Jewels of the Ocean event calls for support of marine sites Friday, February 8, 2013
- Marine Programme - Newsletter January 2012 Friday, December 23, 2011
- Tides of Time Partners Renew Commitment to Marine World Heritage until 2014 Thursday, June 30, 2011
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- 'Tides of Time Archive' now available online Monday, December 20, 2010
- Strengthening the Crown Jewels of the Ocean Monday, December 20, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre affirms commitment to marine conservation at Global Conference on Oceans Thursday, May 6, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Sundarbans National Park Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre launches its second online auction for the preservation of World Heritage sites Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and the International Herald Tribune continue to support the World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, June 26, 2009
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines receives £13,540 from an auction organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre Friday, March 20, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and International Herald Tribune provide support to World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, September 12, 2008
- Second global World Heritage marine site managers meeting Oct 18, 2013 - Oct 20, 2013
- Events at UNESCO and Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Paris Boutique to mobilize support for Marine World Heritage: The Crown Jewels of the Ocean Feb 7, 2013
- World Heritage Marine Site Managers Meeting, Honolulu, Hawai‘i (United States of America) Dec 1, 2010 - Dec 3, 2010
- Marine World Heritage Exhibit at Expo 2010, Shanghai (China) Sep 6, 2010 - Sep 8, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction for India’s Sundarbans National Park Mar 18, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation. Feb 16, 2009