5th Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Valley
This technical meeting is the fifth gathering of international experts and Afghan officials to report on the recent on-site works implemented in the Cultural Landscape and the Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley, in particular those under UNESCO's post-conflict emergency conservation project for the site.
The experts, together with the officials, will also discuss and identify future priority actions for the conservation and management of the World Heritage site, which will become adopted Recommendations of the meeting.
The site remains on the List of World Heritage in Danger since its inscription in 2003, and international efforts for its preservation are being continued.
World Heritage Properties
- 11th Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding the Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Friday, April 12, 2013
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding Bamiyan Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- Ten years on – remembering the tragic destruction of the giant Buddha statues of Bamiyan (Afghanistan) Thursday, March 3, 2011
- Sixth Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Site Jan 20, 2008 - Jan 22, 2008
- 7th Expert Working Group on the Preservation of the Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley Jun 12, 2008 - Jun 13, 2008
- 8th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site Mar 25, 2010 - Mar 26, 2010
- 9th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Safeguarding of the Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley Mar 3, 2011 - Mar 4, 2011
- 10th expert working group and 2 public symposiums on Bamiyan Valley Dec 6, 2011 - Dec 11, 2011
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Saturday, December 16, 2006