International Expert Meeting : “Rallying the International Community to Safeguard Syria’s Cultural Heritage”
In the framework of the three-year EU funded project for the Emergency Safeguarding of the Syrian Cultural Heritage launched in March 2014, UNESCO is organizing with the generous support of the Flemish Government an international expert meeting entitled “Rallying the International Community to Safeguard Syria’s Cultural Heritage”.
The Expert Meeting, which will take place in a closed session at UNESCO Headquarters on 26 and 27 May 2014, is devoted to the safeguarding of Syrian cultural heritage during the conflict as well as the recovery phase. It will gather experts in the area of built and intangible heritage as well as the fight against the illicit trafficking of cultural objects. All the experts are participating in their personal capacity and in the light of their scientific expertise in relation to the subject of the meeting.
World Heritage Properties (6)
- UNESCO to create an Observatory for the Safeguarding of Syria’s Cultural Heritage Wednesday, May 28, 2014
- UNESCO Director-General condemns military presence and destruction at World Heritage Sites in Syria Thursday, February 20, 2014
- Emergency Red List of Syrian Antiquities at Risk is launched in New York Monday, September 30, 2013
- UNESCO Director-General deplores the escalation of violence and the damage to World Heritage in Syria Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- Syria’s Six World Heritage sites placed on List of World Heritage in Danger Thursday, June 20, 2013
- Director-General of UNESCO reiterates her appeal for the protection of Syria’s cultural heritage Sunday, June 2, 2013
- Syria: The Director-General of UNESCO Appeals to Stop Violence and to Protect the World Heritage City of Aleppo Friday, March 1, 2013
- UNESCO Director-General deplores the increasing threats and possible damage to the Umayyad Mosque in Aleppo, Syria Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Director-General of UNESCO appeals for protection of Syria’s cultural heritage Friday, March 30, 2012