International World Heritage Expert Meeting on Integrity for Cultural Heritage
At its 35th session (Paris, UNESCO, 2011), and within the wider framework of the Revisions to the Operational Guidelines, the World Heritage Committee (Decision 35 COM 13) reiterated “its request to the World Heritage Centre, in cooperation with the Advisory Bodies, to organize an expert meeting to reflect on the integrity of cultural properties and to seek extrabudgetary funding to support the organization of this meeting”.
This meeting on Integrity for Cultural Heritage will be held from 12 to 14 March 2012, in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. The main objectives of this expert meeting will be to identify issues relating to the conditions of integrity for cultural heritage and to review the current text in the Operational Guidelines. The meeting will also contribute to a better understanding of the notion of integrity for cultural heritage and will assist the World Heritage Committee in future decision making.
- EN Meeting on «Authenticity and Integrity in an African context» (Zimbabwe 26-29 May 2000)
- EN Report and Recommendations on Integrity and Authenticity of World Heritage Cultural Landscapes, 2007
- EN The Nara Document On Authenticity
- FR Le document de Nara sur l'Integrité
- FR Réunion sur « l’Authenticité et l’Intégrité dans un Contexte Africain » (Zimbabwe, 26 au 29 Mai 2000)
- International World Heritage Expert Meeting on Integrity for Cultural Heritage Monday, March 12, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Alessandro Balsamo (UNESCO)
Constanze Metzger (UNESCO)
Luba Janikova Caris (UNESCO)
Mechtild Rössler (UNESCO)
Integrity of Cultural Heritage