At its 35th session (UNESCO, Paris, 2011), and within the wider framework of the Revisions to the Operational Guidelines, the World Heritage Committee welcomed “the offer of the Government of Poland to host an expert meeting on criterion (vi) in the first quarter of 2012 and requests the World Heritage Centre to report on the results of this meeting to the 36th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2012” (Decision 35 COM 13).
On account of this, the State Party of Poland, in close cooperation with the State Party of the United Kingdom and with the support of the World Heritage Centre will organize an expert meeting on criterion (vi).
This meeting will be held from 28 to 30 March 2012, in Warsaw, Poland. The main objectives of this expert meeting will be to identify issues relating to the use of criterion (vi), to consider what guidance is available to assist States Parties when preparing nominations under this criterion and to discuss past decisions of the Committee in this regard since the restriction of the use of this criterion in 1979.
Contributions to the meeting
- Webpage of Cultural Landscapes
- Astronomy and World Heritage Initiative
- Thematic Study on the Heritage Sites of Astronomy
- Task Force on the Cultural and Spiritual Values of Protected Areas
- World Heritage Series n°13 - Linking Universal and Local Values: Managing a Sustainable Future for World Heritage
- World Heritage Series n°26 - Cultural Landscapes
- ICOMOS e-News n° 101: 18 April - International Day for Monuments and Sites - Theme 2014: The Heritage of Commemoration