9th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Safeguarding of the Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley
UNESCO is organizing, in close collaboration with the Permanent Delegation of Afghanistan to UNESCO and the Government of Afghanistan, the 9th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Preservation of the Safeguarding of the Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley World Heritage Property, UNESCO Headquarters (Room VI).
The 45 participants of the Expert Working Group Meeting include national staff from the Afghan Government, international experts and implementing partners. The purpose of the Meeting is to monitor and evaluate the project activities that have been carried out and to update and co-ordinate future priority actions for the following year. The Afghan Government participates fully in the co-ordination of the previous Expert Working meetings with representatives from the Ministry of Information and Culture, the Ministry of Urban Development as well as the Governor of Bamiyan.
The two-day expert working meeting follows the 2 March 2011 International Forum: "Towards Cultural Rapprochement and Tolerance", to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the tragic destruction of the Buddha statues in Bamiyan in March 2001.
World Heritage Properties
- 11th Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding the Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Friday, April 12, 2013
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Expert Working Group releases recommendations for Safeguarding Bamiyan Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- Ten years on – remembering the tragic destruction of the giant Buddha statues of Bamiyan (Afghanistan) Thursday, March 3, 2011
- Fourth Expert Working Group on the preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site Dec 7, 2005 - Dec 9, 2005
- 5th Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Valley Dec 14, 2006 - Dec 16, 2006
- Sixth Expert Working Group for the Preservation of the Bamiyan Site Jan 20, 2008 - Jan 22, 2008
- 7th Expert Working Group on the Preservation of the Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley Jun 12, 2008 - Jun 13, 2008
- 8th Expert Working Group Meeting for the Preservation of the Bamiyan World Heritage site Mar 25, 2010 - Mar 26, 2010
- 10th expert working group and 2 public symposiums on Bamiyan Valley Dec 6, 2011 - Dec 11, 2011