Expert meeting on the decision-making procedures of the statutory organs of the World Heritage Convention
Within the framework of the approaching 40th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention in 2012 and the on-going reflection on the future of the Convention, the World Heritage Committee welcomed, at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010), the offer of the States Parties of Australia and Bahrain to host an expert meeting in Bahrain, on the decision-making procedures of the statutory organs of the World Heritage Convention to identify opportunities for increasing the efficiency and transparency of these procedures (Decision 34 COM 12 part IV).
This meeting reflected on this important aspect of the Convention and took place in Manama (Bahrain), on 15-17 December 2010. The scope, objectives and agenda of this meeting can be found in Attachment D of Decision 34 COM 12.
The meeting took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Manama (Bahrain).
- 1. Decision 34 COM 12 Part IV
- 1. Décision 34 COM 12 partie IV
- 2a. Agenda
- 2a. Ordre du jour
- 2b. Calendrier (final)
- 2b. Timetable (final)
- 3. Background Document 1: Key issues and Challenges
- 3. Document préparatoire 1 : Enjeux et défis
- 4. Background Document 2: Statistical Analysis of Decision-Making by Statutory Organs for the Past 10 Years
- 4. Document préparatoire 2 : Analyse Statistique de la prise de décision par les organes statutaires depuis 10 ans
- 5. Background Document 3: Mapping of All Stakeholders'Workload
- 5. Document préparatoire 3 : Cartographie de la charge de travail des parties prenantes
- PPT Christina Cameron
- PPT Greg Terrill
- PPT Kishore Rao (DDIR/WHC)
- PPT Mechtild Rossler (WHC)
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010