UNESCO Culture sector sends mission to prepare the Conference of donors for Culture in Haiti
This page is not published.
Representatives from UNESCO's World Heritage Centre and Culture Sector will arrive in Port au Prince on 16 march to encounter and to discuss with key actors in of culture in Haiti a work programme in order to protect the cultural heritage in Haiti after the earthquake occurred in 2010. The mission will encounter with members of the Haitian government as well as with members of the United Nations, and NGO's in order to set up a cooperation action plan in the view of the organization of the Conference of donors for Culture in Haiti that will take place in Paris on 19th April 2011.
Some of the objectives of the mission are:
- Ensure the coordination of the action in collaboration with United Nation Agencies and the IHRC (Interim Haiti Recovery Commission)
- Meet with different institutional leaders (Minister of Culture, Social Affairs, Tourism, local cultural institutions, United Nations Agencies, representatives of potential donors, and NGO's working in collaboration with UNESCO.
- Implement a defined action plan to mobilize the partners and potential donors
- Strengthen the propositions of the project in situ in order to create awareness among the donors
- Nuria Sanz , email@example.com
World Heritage Properties (1)
States Parties (1)
- UNESCO for Haiti Apr 19, 2011