This page is not published.
Nov 14, 2009 - Nov 17, 2009
The 2nd International Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction to Cultural Heritage will be held in Acre, Israel from 14 to 17 November 2009, organised by UNESCO World Heritage Centre and the Israel Antiquities Authority and benefits from the contribution of the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities in the framework of a collaboration partnership with the Israel Antiquities Authority. This workshop will bring together site managers from a selected group of World Heritage properties, as well as disaster management experts. It will be built on the results of a previous meeting on the same subject held in Olympia, Greece in November 2008.
The goals of the Workshop are:
- Increasing understanding of disaster risks management approaches and practices at national and site levels through the review of selected case studies;
- The initiation of a network of experts from around the world who are involved in the management and reduction of disaster risks to cultural heritage;
- The development of an action plan for the implementation of the "Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction at World Heritage Properties".
- Disaster Risk Management - background
- Methodologies and approaches for reducing disaster risks
- Earthquakes as a risk factor - case studies
- Other risk factors - case studies
- Action plan, twinning programmes, follow-up