Decision : 42 COM 8D
Clarifications of property boundaries and areas by States Parties
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/18/42.COM/8D,
- Recalling Decision 41 COM 8D, adopted at its 41st session (Krakow, 2017),
- Acknowledges the excellent work accomplished by States Parties in the clarification of the boundaries of their World Heritage properties and commends them for their efforts to improve the credibility of the World Heritage List;
- Recalls that the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies are not able to examine proposals for minor or significant modifications to boundaries of World Heritage properties whenever the delimitations of such properties as inscribed remain unclear;
- Takes note of the clarifications of property boundaries and areas provided by the States Parties as presented in the Annex of Document WHC/18/42.COM/8D:
- Libya, Archaeological Site of Cyrene
- Libya, Archaeological Site of Leptis Magna
- Libya, Archaeological Site of Sabratha
- Libya, Old Town of Ghadamès
- Libya, Rock-Art Sites of Tadrart Acacus
EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA
- Netherlands, Defence Line of Amsterdam
- Spain, Ibiza, Biodiversity and Culture
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
- Haiti, National History Park – Citadel, Sans Souci, Ramiers
- Mexico, Pre-Hispanic Town of Uxmal;
- Requests the States Parties which have not yet answered the questions raised in the framework of the Retrospective Inventory to provide all clarifications and documentation as soon as possible, and by 1 December 2018 at the latest, for their subsequent examination, if the technical requirements are met, by the World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in 2019.
Context of DecisionWHC-18/42.COM/8D
Other Documents (9)Defence Line of Amsterdam- Maps of the ...
Parc national historique - Citadelle, ...
Pre-Hispanic Town of Uxmal - Maps of the ...
Ibiza, Biodiversity and Culture- Maps of the ...
Rock-Art Sites of Tadrart Acacus - Map of the ...
Old Town of Ghadamès - Map of the Inscribed ...
Archaeological Site of Leptis Magna - Map of ...
Archaeological Site of Sabratha - Map of the ...
Archaeological Site of Cyrene - Map of the ...
Decision Code: 42 COM 8D
Themes: Inscriptions on the World Heritage List
Properties (9): Archaeological Site of Cyrene Archaeological Site of Leptis Magna Archaeological Site of Sabratha Defence Line of Amsterdam Ibiza, Biodiversity and Culture National History Park – Citadel, Sans Souci, Ramiers Old Town of Ghadamès Pre-Hispanic Town of Uxmal Rock-Art Sites of Tadrart Acacus