Auschwitz Concentration Camp (Poland)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Expresses its appreciation to the State Party for its efforts in prolonging the Strategic Programme for the Oświęcim Area;
2. Notes the additional information provided by the Polish authorities on the Programme and other activities at the property;
3. Urges the national and local authorities to prepare the management plan in collaboration with UNESCO and ICOMOS;
4. Acknowledges with appreciation the financial support provided by the State Party of Israel;
5. Requests an updated report to be provided by the State Party of Poland to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.