Decision : 27 COM 7B. 25
Galápagos Islands (Ecuador)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Notes that over the past few years, the State Party, through its Galápagos National Park Service, and the Charles Darwin Foundation have undertaken new and expanded responsibilities in the areas of marine conservation and the control of introduced species;
2. Welcomes the efforts by the State Party to support the ongoing strengthening of the Special Law for Galáapagos;
3. Commends the authorities for pursuing programme development in areas critical to the conservation of this property, including the establishment of a Galápagos quarantine system;
4. Commends the State Party for having passed several regulations in 2002, including the regulation on quarantine and on introduced species;
5. Encourages the State Party to pass the final regulations under the Special Law for Galápagos;
6. Urges the State Party to maintain all efforts related to the control of illegal fishing in the Galápagos Marine Reserve.
 Decision adopted without discussion.