27 COM 7A.25
Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras (Philippines)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the state of conservation of the property;
2. Recommends that the State Party considers ways and means to enable the Ifugao Rice Terraces and Cultural Heritage Office (IRTCHO) to raise and use funds other than the subsidies provided by the National Commission for Culture and Arts (NCCA), and increase stakeholder involvement in its work;
3. Requests UNESCO, the Advisory Bodies and other international partners to support and strengthen the international co-operation activities with the competent national and local authorities by mobilising appropriate international assistance to the maximum extent possible;
4. Requests that the State Party provide a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 on progress made in the implementation of corrective measures recommended by the IUCN/ICOMOS mission of September 2001 for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
5. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.