Decision : 36 COM 7B.26
Henderson Island (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) (N 487)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-12/36.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.27, adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Welcomes the progress made by the State Party in the implementation of the rat eradication programme, and the reported preliminary results indicating the success of the eradication operation with minimal negative impacts on non-target species;
4. Urges the State Party, in close cooperation with the Pitcairn authorities and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, to rapidly finalize biosecurity assessments and the strengthening of biosecurity measures, and to establish a permanent Ranger Post at the property as soon as possible, in order to prevent the (re-)introduction of rats or other invasive species through uncontrolled visitation;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2014, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property, the final result of the rat eradication programme, and the progress achieved in the establishment of a permanent Ranger Post.