Decision : 29 COM 7B.95
Archaeological Site of Chavín (Peru)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.104 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Taking note of the information provided by the State Party,
4. Urges the State Party of Peru to develop a management plan for the property of Chavín, including La Banda, which should include statutory provisions for archaeological evaluation of all areas in and around the World Heritage property in advance of any form of intervention;
5. Requests the State Party to send an outline of a management plan to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).