Tower of London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.103, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Takes note with regret that the requested in-depth study on the possible impact of development projects in the immediate vicinity of the property has not yet been submitted to the World Heritage Centre;
4. Recalls the commitment of the State Party of the United Kingdom at the time of the inscription of the property in the World Heritage List, to enforce policies aiming at protecting the environment of the Tower and to apply restrictive covenants on new developments;
5. Considers that, if the study is not completed, the Committee may need to examine the possibility of inscribing the property in the List of World Heritage in Danger;
6. Welcomes the improvements to the setting of the Tower of London through the completion of the Tower Environs Scheme which has created a new public space in London;7. Strongly requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 with a progress report on the preparation of the Management Plan, the above-mentioned in-depth study and developments of the construction of the London Bridge Tower and the Minerva Tower, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).