Revision of the Operational Guidelines
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-10/34.COM/13 and WHC-10/34.COM/13.Rev,
2. Recalling Decisions 31 COM 16, 32 COM 13 and 33 COM 13 adopted at its 31st (Christchurch, 2007), 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) and 33rd (Seville, 2009) sessions respectively;
3. Takes note of the proposals presented in Document WHC-10/34.COM/13.Rev of the Working Group on the Revision of the Operational Guidelines, created as a Consultative Body at its present session as per Rule 20 of the Rules of Procedure of the World Heritage Committee;
4. Requests the Working Group to continue its work to finalize the revision of the Operational Guidelines, and to present its report to the Committee at its 35th session in 2011, including reflections concerning the process for the revision of the Operational Guidelines and the recommendations of the international expert meetings presented in section II of Document WHC-10/34.COM/13.Rev;
5. Recalling Decisions 31 COM 8A.3 and 32 COM 8A concerning tentative lists, also requests the World Heritage Centre in consultation with the Advisory Bodies to propose a revision of Part II.C (Tentative Lists) of the Operational Guidelines in order to clarify the procedures of technical analysis by the World Heritage Centre and to ensure that properties proposed on the tentative lists are consistent with properties already inscribed on the World Heritage List.