Decision : 29 COM 7B.63
City of Graz - Historic Centre (Austria)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.82 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Noting with concern the results of the joint UNESCO/ICOMOS mission and the trend towards ongoing alterations to historic buildings and new constructions,
4. Requests the State Party of Austria to reconsider a number of building projects in the core and the buffer-zone of the property as indicated by the joint UNESCO/ICOMOS mission;
5. Urges the State Party and the concerned authorities to implement the mission's recommendations;6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 a progress report on the implementation of the mission'sa progress report on the implementation of the mission's recommendations and on progress made towards a comprehensive Urban Master Plan for the World Heritage property and its buffer-zone for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).