Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park (Viet Nam)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.19 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Noting that measures were taken by the authorities to mitigate the negative impacts of the road construction, including education and awareness-raising programmes; waste collection measures; tree planting; embankment and ditch system construction; planting of grass; maintenance of the naturally recovered vegetation; law enforcement and involvement of local people in forest protection,
4. Further noting that other positive initiatives, such as activities for possible transboundary cooperation with Lao People’s Democratic Republic as well as programmes for buffer zone management and tourist management are ongoing,
5. Congratulates the State Party of Vietnam on its positive response to the request of the Committee at its 28th session and for its efforts for the conservation of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to report regularly to the World Heritage Centre on the state of conservation of the property.