Chan Chan Archaeological Zone (Peru)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7A,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15A.30, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Noting the comprehensive information on the state of conservation provided by the State Party,
4. Commends the State Party of Peru for the actions taken to protect and preserve the World Heritage property of Chan Chan Archaeological Zone, in particular the progress made with regard to reducing the water level at the property,
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2006, a report on the process of resettlement of illegal occupants and farmers from the property, as well as on the results obtained within the framework of the International Assistance provided under the World Heritage Fund, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
6. Decides to retain Chan Chan Archaeological Zone (Peru) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.