Decision : 31 COM 11A.2
Follow-up on the Periodic Reporting for Europe
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/11A.2,
2. Takes note of the clarification of property limits provided by the following States Parties in the European region in response to the Retrospective Inventory:
- Belgium: La Grand-Place, Brussels;
- Bulgaria: Rock-Hewn Churches of Ivanovo; Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari;
- Italy: Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie with "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci; Historic Centre of Florence; I Sassi di Matera; Historic Centre of Urbino;
- Portugal: Historic Centre of Évora;
- Slovenia: Škocjan Caves;
- Spain: Altamira Cave; Mudejar Architecture of Aragon; Cathedral, Alcázar and Archivo de Indias in Seville; La Lonja de la Seda de Valencia; San Millán Yuso and Suso Monasteries; University and Historic Precinct of Alcalá de Henares.
3. Requests the State Parties in the Europe Region who have not yet answered the questions raised in 2005 in the framework of the Retrospective Inventory to provide all requested clarifications and documentation as soon as possible and by 1 December 2007 at the latest;
4. Acknowledges that the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies will not be able to examine proposals for boundary modifications for properties located in the Europe Region whenever current boundaries are unclear. The same principle applies to sites located within other Regions;
5. Thanks the States Parties concerned for their efforts to improve the credibility of the World Heritage List.