City of Graz – Historic Centre (Austria) (C 931)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.106, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes with appreciation the detailed description of projects and initiatives underway provided by the State Party in the state of conservation report;
4. Acknowledges the initiatives undertaken in the last years by the State Party (since the 2005-2006 debate about the appropriateness of the design of the Kastner and Ohler Department) to improve the quality of the planning process and the planning instruments available to protect the Outstanding Universal Value of the World Heritage property;
5. Requests the State Party to examine the implementation of the recommendations made in this report to improve the transparency and effectiveness of the planning system to protect the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
6. Also requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed on the state of conservation of the property and on its efforts to implement the recommendations above mentioned.