Virgin Komi Forests (Russian Federation) (N 719)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 22 COM VII.27, adopted at its 22nd session (Kyoto, 1998),
3. Expresses its serious concern with regard to the possibility of creating an enclave for mining activities within the Yugyd Va National Park, component of the Virgin Komi Forests World Heritage property and requests the State Party not to proceed with any development that could threaten the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
4. Requests the State Party to comply with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines and to inform the World Heritage Centre of any intention to authorize activities which may affect the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
5. Requests the State Party to ensure and to state unequivocally that no commitment has been made on any mining concessions within the boundaries of the inscribed property;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a report on the state of conservation of the property, including the confirmation of the removal of any permission or plans to locate extractive industries within the boundaries of the property, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.