32 COM 7B.102
Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Poland) (C 31)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7B.88, and 31 COM 7B.101, adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Notes the progress made following the submission of the draft management plan for the property in April 2007, the preparation of a strategy and consultations undertaken with international experts in May 2008 as well as work on entering relevant buildings in the surroundings of the property on the register of monuments;
4. Also notes the understandably slow progress with stakeholder consultations which delays the finalization of the management plan and the associated strategy and encourages the State Party to intensify efforts to ensure involvement of local communities;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a detailed report on the status of the management plan, the strategy and implementation frameworks, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.