Mount Athos (Greece) (C/N 454)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.34, adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) session,
3. Notes with satisfaction the continuous efforts between national authorities responsible for heritage conservation and the leadership of the monastic community, the Holy Community of Mount Athos, to collaborate fruitfully and effectively to ensure the long term conservation of the property;
4. Also notes that the submitted reports do not address the key issue concerning the development of an overall management framework for the property covering both the natural and cultural values, as recommended by the joint mission and endorsed by the World Heritage Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
5. Urges the State Party and competent authorities to continue to implement all recommendations of the 2006 joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS / IUCN mission;
6. Requests the State Party, in collaboration with the Monastic communities, to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2010 a report on progress made with the management framework and in implementing the recommendations of the joint 2006 World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS / IUCN mission, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.