Decision : 32 COM 7B.27
Henderson Island (United Kingdom) (N 487)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.34, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Welcomes the completion and dissemination of a visitor code of conduct;
4. Notes the importance of decisive action in relation to threats to the property and requests the State Party to finalise plans for rapid implementation of the eradication of the invasive Polynesian rat and to consider the appointment of a ranger for Henderson Island;
5. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a detailed report on the overall state of conservation of the property, including reference to alien fauna and flora, sustainable use of timber, turtle nesting beaches, extinctions, ex situ conservation and translocation, the rat eradication scheme, as well as the planned ranger appointment for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010, and further requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a copy of the Environmental Strategy for the Pitcairn Islands, when it is available.