Isole Eolie (Aeolian Islands) (Italy) (N 908)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.24, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes the detailed report by the State Party addressing major threats identified by the 2007 joint World Heritage Centre / IUCN mission;
4. Welcomes that all the new mining activity that could affect the property has been stopped, and requests the State Party, in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and IUCN, to ensure that these mining activities will not be reopened in the future;
5. Also requests the State Party to take action, by 1 February 2009 to fully implement items b) to i) of Decision 31 COM 7B.24;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a detailed and updated report, on the issues mentioned above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.